There are quite a few genuine and reliable brands in the market – brands that strictly adhere to the established regulatory norms set by the federal government and the different hemp authorities founded to combat bad practices.
Among them, very few CBD brands have been able to deliver on their promise of offering truly full-spectrum hemp products that can clear pharmaceutical-grade tests before hitting the shelves.
This time, The Cannabis Radar is glad to introduce you to such a CBD brand that has taken its commitment towards its customers to a whole new level.
From finding the best strains of hemp that can deliver the best proportion of cannabinoids, terpenes, omega fatty acids, and phytonutrients and designing its formulation that it is highly potent and safe for human consumption, to ensuring organic practices right from seed to shelf (that includes its extraction, production, testing, and distribution processes) – this brand has ticked all the boxes!
With years of experience in the pharmaceutical world, Elixinol entered the CBD market with CBD products that have stood the test of pharmaceutical-grade laboratory testing. They maintain organic practices not only in their farms, which is owned by them, but all through the entire process of extraction, formulation designing, sampling, product manufacturing, and distribution.
From proving ample information on CBD and its benefits through their website’s Education pages and the new advancements and happenings in the CBD industry through their Blog, Elixinol extensively strives to keep users well-informed.
The brand offers some of the safest, highly potent, and multi-layer tested products money can buy. Its products are also sold at a fair price. All of these products are 100% organic, sourced from full-spectrum organically grown hemp extracts, produced in facilities that maintain high standards of organic production, and subjected to lab testing that ensures pharmaceutical-grade final products. Thanks to its team of scientists, who have their backgrounds in the medical and pharmaceutical industries, its products offer unmatched results.
To explain it in brief, here are some of the reasons why we believe this brand deserves a BIG THUMBS UP!
Why is Elixinol One of the Best CBD Brands in the Market?
- The brand Elixinol is envisioned and co-founded by one of the world’s cannabis experts and visionaries – Paul Benhaim – who also owns several other companies and brands in the cannabis and CBD industry. He is currently a Non-Executive Director on the Board of Directors of Elixinol Global Limited.
- The products are sourced from the best strains of hemp found in the world, which Paul tracked down from his experience and association with people worldwide, including in England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Korea, Thailand, India, China, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, besides Australia, where he resides.
- Elixinol owns farms in the US (Colorado) and Europe where the hemp strains for its products are organically grown. Products sold in these areas come from the local farmlands of those continents, ensuring the hemp composition conforms with established regulations of each individual country.
- As a seed-to-sale hemp extract company, Elixinol’s products maintain pharmaceutical-grade quality standards. Rigorous and multi-level tests are conducted with the help of advanced HPLC (HPLC-DAD) equipment in leading labs across the country (in each continent). Testing covers potency, microbiological contamination, heavy metals, pesticides, the terpene profile, as well as consistency (by submitting multiple samples of the same products). This way the brand also makes sure the labs are doing the testing with due diligence.
- The company’s in-house testing lab employees come from the pharmaceutical industry, who understand the complexities of operating in a cGMP/GLP environment.
- Complete transparency and efficient traceability at any level of the sourcing, production, and distribution processes to ensure consistency and quality control.
- Transparency is also (more or less) maintained within the brand’s structure. Ample information on their core team is readily available on the brand website.
- Constant research and experimentation for continual improvement of its formulations to ensure the highest standards of safety, potency, value for money.
- Strict non-GMO policy from their farming and production to the final distribution process.
- Both its hemp extracts and other botanical extracts are derived with the help of Supercritical Fluid Extraction Processes.
- The brand also takes care to keep its customers informed about everything that’s going on in the industry and what’s good for them, besides explaining topics unique to the CBD industry.
- The brand intends to “wow” not woe its customers – truly! Its customer support system is well-organized, committed, and always ready to help out its customers anytime, every time.
Elixinol Products Features and Highlights
We have tried to break up some of the aspects of this brand for our readers to make a well-informed decision about whether or not to purchase its products.
Colorado, US & EU (for respective markets)
Although Elixinol’s CBD products contain THC (as it uses full-spectrum hemp extracts), its level is usually well within the permissible limits (0.3% of total weight).
Elixinol LLC (US) & Elixinol Limited (UK)
While Elixinol sells its products at a fair price, you can still avail of our Elixinol coupon code to get a 10% discount on these products by applying it during checkout.
- Free shipping within the US and UK.
- After Elixinol receives an order, it takes about 2 to 5 business days to process it.
- All shipments are sent either via USPS as a Priority Mail package or by FedEx.
- Shipping takes place after processing times on all business days, i.e. Mondays to Fridays. This excludes holidays, inclement weather, or backorders.
- In the case of international orders, processing usually takes about 5 to 10 business days. Shipping duration varies as per customs regulations and their resultant delays.
- All duty charges, import costs, and/or general taxes or fees for sending a product to another country has to be borne by the customer.
- Claims for damaged products must be made within 72 hours of receiving the order by writing to email@example.com.
- In the mail, customers must provide detailed information regarding the damage, along with images, proving the damage.
- If any customer is dissatisfied with Elixinol’s products, he or she may ask for a refund of the full purchase price within 30 days of the purchase date. In this case, too, one must raise the request by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, a customer, residing in the US, may also call on their Customer Service number 844-804-3504. If the customer lives in the UK or elsewhere in Europe, he/she may call on +44 203 129 1932.
Fixed Addresses & Phone Numbers:
- US Customer Service Phone Number: 844-804-3504
- UK Phone Number: +44 203 129 1932
- US Fixed Address:
10170 Church Ranch Way, Ste 400
Westminster, CO 80021
- US Mailing Address for Returns:
224 Commerce St.
Broomfield, CO 80020
- United Kingdom Fixed Address:
3rd Floor, 1 Ashley Road,
Altrincham, Cheshire WA142DT
Our Experience with Elixinol Products
All-natural, high-quality, extracts derived from some of the best, organic strains of hemp that nature has to offer are used to produce Elixinol’s products, that too, only after they are subjected to supercritical CO2 extraction process. They are then exposed to multi-level pharmaceutical-grade testing by third-party laboratories before reaching the consumers’ hands – or at least that’s the impression given by the brand website.
All this means that not only are their products pure and potent, but also absolutely safe for consumption.
Coming to our shopping experience, there were certain issues. Although the brand website offers ample information on different aspects of CBD, the industry, the brand’s products, as well as a bit about the brand and its philosophy, not everything is crystal clear.
We did encounter certain issues with the brand, its products, as well as the website, besides strange behavior from some of their customer support team members.
- We expected to learn more about the founders, especially Paul Benhaim, whose vision apparently gave shape to the brand. We had to look elsewhere (social networking sites) to find out about him.
- We understand David Newman was one of the co-founders of the brand. However, not much is known about him either.
- Their visions and product reviews also reveal little about the brand and its brand value.
- A strange thing about Elixinol’s products is that certain facts and instructions on some of the products on sale have not been adequately described. Anyone new to this brand or such products will have a hard time making sense of it all.
- The products are not categorized properly, making it difficult for users to gauge some of the products, especially since no instructions are available, like in the cases of their CBD Liposomes and X-Pens.
- While the product pages for the tinctures, capsules, and creams have a link to their respective lab test results, those are strangely missing from the liposome product page.
- There is no specific page for all the lab tests. The test results are also unavailable for potential buyers to view before making a purchase. That means that you must first buy a product, then visit their Elixinol Batch Tests, enter the Lot Number printed on the product label into the slot where it asks for it, and then hit search to get the reports.
- So this also means that you have no way of actually knowing anything about the specific ingredients before you buy – something that we did not feel comfortable with.
- Besides, not much information is available on the third-party labs chosen by the brand. It almost seems like they are only pretending to hire independent labs to test the products, but aren’t really doing it.
- The order processing and mailing time is a little longer than most other brands. Although the product prices are pretty low compared to others, this issue really is very disappointing.
- Some very tall claims have been made by the brand at times, without any verifiable evidence.
In this review, we will reveal to our readers the experience of a couple of our testers after using two of Elixinol’s products – CBD Tinctures & CBD Capsules.
Elixinol’s CBD oil tinctures are all made from organic hemp extracts. However, some of the other ingredients may not always be organically grown, although they are all-natural extracts. For instance, its regular CBD tinctures do not contain organic MCT oil, whereas their Organic Balance Tincture, a separate product, contains all organic ingredients that together meet the USDA’s strict organic standards, making this tincture much more potent, safe, and pure.
Its regular CBD oil tinctures are available in 2 vastly different potencies and two flavors, whereas its Organic Balance variant is sold in only one variant, both in potency and flavor.
Besides these two types of tinctures, the brand also sells Extrato Rico Em CBD Cannabidiol (5000mg) which is only available in Brazil without a prescription. For US users, you would need a prescription.
While the other two tinctures are available in 30ml bottles, the last variant comes in 120ml bottles. While this variant used to be available in two variants earlier, now they sell it only one flavor, i.e. natural (hempy).
The brand earlier had another variant in tinctures, sub-branded as Respira, which is no longer in the market.
Ways of Consumption
Elixinol’s tinctures are to be used sublingually, i.e. administered under the tongue.
Like most other brands, this brand of CBD tinctures come in easy-to-deliver dropper bottles with a demarcated dropper for easy and accurate measurements.
Draw the required amount into the dropper and drop the liquid gradually under your tongue. The effects may take anywhere between 15 – 50 minutes to take effect.
- (Regular) CBD Oil Tincture: 300mg & 3600mg
- Organic Balance Tincture: 300mg
- Extrato Rico Em CBD Cannabidiol: 5000mg
- (Regular) CBD Oil Tincture: Natural & Cinnamint
- Organic Balance Tincture: Natural
- Extrato Rico Em CBD Cannabidiol: Natural
It is not possible to provide an exact dosage for CBD, no matter which brand you use. You must also keep in mind that the FDA has not given its approval to CBD to be used in foods and drugs.
The dosage depends on various factors and no two users would have the same dosage. Many effective CBD calculators are available online that can give you an approximate measurement of how much CBD (in mg) you would require as per these variables that include…
- The condition of the body, including the type of ailment or issue
- The severity of the condition
- Other medicinal treatment that the patient may be on
- Concentration of CBD
- The purity of the CBD extract
- The type of CBD extract
- The individual user’s endocannabinoid system and the chemical balance within the body
- Changing patterns in the behavior of other organs that may have an effect on the condition of organ or cluster of organs affected
Once an individual has an approximate idea about the dosage, he/she can measure the exact CBD/ml of the concoction and take as many millimeters of the liquid as much is necessary to deliver the needed CBD dosage (in mg).
Alternatively, one can always start with a very low dose, like one dropper full, and increase from there, if needed.
Like no two users experience the same effect after using CBD, CBD also does not interact with the same person’s constitution in the same way during different times. The reasons for this also depend on the factors listed above.
Although the brand claims to subject all its products to multi-level pharmaceutical-grade testing by third-party laboratories, not much else is known about the testing.
The Certificates of Analysis are revealed only after you buy their products and check on their Elixinol Batch Tests page, which unfortunately is not as reliable one would have expected. Batch numbers are often not updated. Some batches of CBD tinctures even contain higher levels of THC than is permissible by law.
Most of Elixinol’s tinctures are tested by an independent lab, Botanacor Laboratories/Botanacor Services.
- (Regular) CBD Oil Tincture:
- $29.99 (300mg), i.e. $0.10/mg
- $249.99 (3600mg), i.e. $0.07/mg
- Organic Balance Tincture: $29.99 (300mg), i.e. $0.10/mg
- Extra to Rico Em CBD Cannabidiol: $599 (5000mg), i.e. $0.12/mg
We tried out the Cinnamint-flavored 3600mg variant of CBD tinctures for this review. Our testers, Susan, liked both the flavor and the effectiveness. She used for over a couple of weeks to gauge its efficacy.
I loved the way it tasted – kind of fresh and spicy at the same time. Although it took effect almost immediately, the effects soon wore off. I could clearly feel the effects starting to diminish after 6 hours had passed, as my shoulder and lower back started aching again, waking me from deep slumber early in the morning (around 6.15 am).
I had to take a second dose to numb my pain and complete my daily 8 hours’ sleep. Since I had taken this second dose, I suppose, I was still a bit groggy when I woke up to the alarm, I had set on my phone the night before. After my morning routine in the toilet, however, I was feeling better.
I had to take my third dose of this tincture by the time it was lunchtime.
I tried taking a higher dose to ensure a full 8-hour effect. However, it did not work quite the way I expected. While this higher dose was good for my sleep, it became a deterrent during waking hours. I would feel sort of lazy and too relaxed. I needed more coffee to keep working – something that should not happen with a good CBD product!
Overall, I would say my experience with this tincture was a combination of both good and bad.
Elixinol’s capsules provide a convenient way of consuming the same kind of pure, safe, and effective whole-plant, full-spectrum, organic CBD extracts provided by the brand in all its products. These capsules come in specific potencies, allowing you to get an approximate amount of your required dosage.
These capsules are made from supercritical CO2-extracted full-spectrum CBD extracts, blended with MCT coconut oil and other all-natural ingredients, like nitrogenous compounds, amino acids, ketones, flavonoids, glycosides, omega fatty acids, silica (for capsule covers), vegetable cellulose (for capsule covers), and chlorophyll.
Like all its other products, these capsules are tested by third-party laboratories before reaching the shelves.
The brand has two types of capsules:
- Regular CBD Capsules, containing full-spectrum CBD of varying potencies
- Omega Turmeric CBD Capsules
- (one CBD strength), containing curcumin and algae-derived DHA to fight inflammation, toxic materials, and free radicals
Ways of Consumption
Swallowed with water, preferably after meals.
- Regular CBD Capsules:
- Regular Strength: 15mg/capsule
- 30-count: 450mg
- 60-count: 900mg
- Extra-Strength: 45mg/capsule
- 30-count: 1350mg
- Omega Turmeric CBD Capsules
- 15mg of CBD/capsule – 30-count: 450mg (total bottle)
- 237mg Curcumin (Active ingredient)
- 120mg DHA per capsule (Active ingredient)
- Regular Strength: 15mg/capsule
1 – 2 capsule(s) a day or as needed
The third-party lab tests for its capsules could not be found on their website, possibly because the batch and Lot numbers have not been updated properly (as mentioned earlier).
- Regular CBD Capsules:
- Regular-Strength (15mg/capsule)
- 30-count (450mg): $44.99, i.e. $0.10/mg
- 60-count (900mg): $79.99, i.e. $0.09/mg
- Extra-Strength (45mg/capsule)
- 30-count (1350): $49.50, i.e. $0.04/mg
- Omega Turmeric CBD Capsules
- Regular-Strength (15mg/capsule)
- 30-count (450mg): $39.99, i.e. $0.09/mg
- Regular-Strength (15mg/capsule)
- Regular-Strength (15mg/capsule)
The extra-strength regular capsules are the most cost-effective variant.
Elixinol’s capsules do not come in as high potencies as its tinctures. Besides, capsules have, in any case, lower bioavailability than tinctures, owing to the pathway it takes to reach the bloodstream. Nevertheless, to ensure the maximum effect, we used its extra-strength variant, which is also quite affordable (unlike its other options). One of our testers, Mikael, had used these capsules for his anxiety issues sometime back. Let’s hear from him about his experience of using these capsules.
I’ve grown up in a strict household, where dads are this over-powering, towering, male figure who does not tolerate indiscipline. While this helped me (to a certain extent) become a stronger-willed and more determined individual, it also left a deep, dark hollow in my heart that sometimes also affects my self-esteem. There are times when I feel I have not been able to please my father, and that I am a disappointment.
This is what led to my anxiety issues from a very young age. Although I always tried to keep up a bold face and even bullied others in my class to keep up pretenses, I could not hide my anxiety issues from people who are close to me, including a school-time teacher whom I was very fond of.
When I grew older and had power over my own will – got a job, got married, had my family – I realized I needed help. While I tried to manage my issues with conventional treatments, like medication and therapy, I was really never in control over my feelings of anxiety and depression.
It eventually ruined my family life and became a hurdle in my professional life as well. It was sometime late in 2015 when I came to know about CBD. Initially, it helped me. But with time, my issues got more intense and out-of-control.
Last year, my second wife was threatening to leave me and take our 5-year-old son along with her. That is when someone recommended, I tried out Elixinol’s capsules. I had not heard much about this brand then. But the effects were quite good.
I took 2 capsules a day – one after breakfast and another later in the evening during supper. It took the edge off me and helped me relax. I was able to focus better and slept better too. This allowed me to pay attention to even the smallest details, helping both at work as well as in fighting the legal battle that I had to pursue to make sure I had my son with me.
The best part was that even before the trial could commence, my second wife expressed her wish to mend our relationship and we were back together, and my son had both his parents who were now happy to be together.
These capsules helped me overcome my anxiety and depression to a large extent. On my part, I started going to the gym and long walks in the morning. These kept me sharp, focused, energized. With time, I felt not only was my relationship-improving but so was my health. I was more fit and healthy than ever before!
Can Elixinol’s products make me “high”?
Generally, no. Elixinol’s products contain trace amounts of THC, which is usually not enough to make a person “high”. However, if taken in very high doses, it may make you a little “high” and groggy.
Will I fail a drug test after using Elixinol’s products?
It is unlikely for a user to test positive on a drug test after using Elixinol’s products unless you take a very high dose of their CBD products right before taking the test. Nevertheless, you must understand that all full-spectrum CBD products contain some amount of THC, which may affect your drug tests. If you’re required to take regular drug tests, you may do well to stay away from all full-spectrum hemp products.
Why doesn’t Elixinol’s tinctures have the same effect that my usual brand does?
Not all CBD formulations are the same. Each brand of CBD products has its unique proprietary formulation. Besides, CBD reacts with your body differently at different times. The extent of effects depends on the physical (and even mental) conditions of the body at the time of using this substance. While you may have felt a certain amount of pain (and other related issues) earlier, your condition may have changed over time, even if you don’t realize it. The intensity of a condition is not always the deciding factor. There is a whole bunch of variables that cumulatively determine how CBD will interact with your body (and mind).
Is Elixinol’s products available in all states of the US?
Elixinol delivers most of its products in all states of America. Some of its products contain permissible levels of THC, making them eligible for sale across all states of the USA.
Does Elixinol have any vape products?
No. Elixinol sells only tinctures, capsules, and topicals. It also sells different orally administrable CBD oils, like liposomes and x-pen, which is an airtight CBD dispenser that comes CBD oil hermetic cartridges.
Are Elixinol’s products safe and affordable?
Safe, yes. Affordable, that’s relative. Elixinol’s products are comparatively on the higher end. However, if you’re asking whether they are value-for-money, then the answer is yes. The different layers of safety precautions and measurements taken by the brand to maintain its high standards of quality control make the whole production process expensive. The final product that reaches the shelves may be considered to be worth the price that the brand charges.