For those who are yet to understand how CBD works or why an individual develops an endocrinal condition like diabetes, it may be difficult to comprehend the connection between CBD and diabetes.
A lot of people know that CBD helps manage a lot of issues, including…
- Regulating appetite
- Improving sleep patterns
- Heightening awareness and focus
- Curbing pain and inflammation
- Managing symptoms of several other critical issues, like movement and heart disorders
…but then, how does that help diabetic patients? This is where we explain how diabetes develops in the first place and what happens within a diabetic person’s body. We will also explain what role cannabinoids, like CBD, can help.
5 Best CBD OILS of 2020 : Making the List
In this “Review-cum-Top Best” list, TCR’s reviewers have meticulously pored over data about scores of brands of CBD coils to find out the best quality, the safest, most effective products that are truly the best value for money.
1)FabCBD CBD Oil Tinctures- all-natural
A small and comparatively new company that has created a niche with its effective, safe, fairly priced, and excellent variety of organic, all-natural CBD products.
Click to Copy Code
2) NuLeaf Naturals CBD Oil Tinctures- full-Spectrum
Using superior genetics and processing technologies in hemp farming and CBD manufacturing, this brand ensures the best-quality, organically grown hemp extracts in its products.
Click to Copy Code
3) cbdMD CBD Oil Tinctures - organic Broad-Spectrum
cbdMD is one of the few brands that proved that high-quality CBD can be affordable too!
Click to Copy Code
4) Joy Organics CBD Oil Tinctures - THC free
Packed with the natural goodness of full-spectrum hemp extracts without any of the harmful effects of THC (its products are completely THC-free), Joy Organics tinctures are premium-grade.
Click to Copy Code
5)CBDistillery CBD Oil Tinctures - full-Spectrum
Its products are potent, clean, and pure. Extracted with the help of the Fluid CO2 Process, its CBD oils are safe and effective.
Click to Copy Code
Parameters used to judge each CBD capsule
We at “The Cannabis Radar” regularly release “The Year’s Best CBD Products” lists. We not only seek people’s opinion (through surveys) and study user reviews posted on brand websites and other blogs, but also go a step further – test the products ourselves.
We don’t claim that our list is all-inclusive or contains all the absolute-best products in the market. However, we stand by our list of “Best CBD Capsules”, as over 5,000 of our direct subscribers and readers have vouched for them.
Our team of dedicated testers, who have used CBD capsules earlier, physically tests these products before giving their assessment on how they fare.
Factors we looked at to judge each CBD Capsule brand
A safe and good quality CBD product may not be enough to use its potency is not high enough to have any effect. CBD capsules, like any other edible, go through the digestive system, where is a lot of wastage. Owing to this reason, one needs to consume capsules that have high potency levels. Otherwise, a user won’t find adequate relief.
Make sure to check the ingredients of the CBD oils: You may be allergic to some of them. Make sure the carrier oil is a fat-based oil, like hemp seed oil, olive oil, or coconut (fractionated) oil and not some alcohol-based solvent. Make sure all the ingredients are NATURAL, including flavorings, colorings, and other effect-enhancers. Artificial additives and extracts (even if they are only colorings or flavorings) may adversely affect your health.
Hemp grown on regulated farmlands across the US or some parts of Europe is safe, as they are less likely to contain harmful chemicals or high levels of THC. However, that is not the case with hemp extracts sourced from other parts of the world, where it is not as well regulated. Hemp regulation ensures the safety of these products.
Trust brands that use all-organic ingredients as they won’t contain any pesticides or GMOs in the end-product.
Always check the results of third-party lab tests on brand websites.
If there is no dedicated page for those on the website, stay away from that CBD oil brand!
If the lab results are unclear or do not break down all the cannabinoids (including THC) and check for contaminants (like pesticides, solvents, heavy metals, etc.), then stay away from that brand as well!
Some brands don’t have the latest results. Call up the customer support and fetch it. If they don’t oblige, stay away!
Many brands expect you to buy a product before you can fetch the CoA. These are a bit dicey. Ask for them, if they don’t oblige, stay away! If the brand seems genuine with good reviews all around, then you may consider buying it.
Brands that are confident about the effectiveness of their products declare that with promises of returning your money if you are satisfied with the results or receive them in poor condition. This not only provides a sense of trust and satisfaction among users but also ensures you get the most of what you paid for.
Avoid cheap products: Legal hemp farming, CBD extraction, and CBD product manufacturing as per federal regulations are not cheap. Anyone who claims to offer you CBD oil at a cheap rate is only trying to dupe you with artificial products or something that does not contain any CBD at all!
Make sure you buy from reputed brands: Never buy over-the-counter brands of CBD oils that you’ve never read about on the internet. [Check out our list of Best CBD oils]
Look up the brand and the product details of the CBD oil you may be considering to buy: It’s safest to buy online as you can verify the claims made by the brand and check out details about the brand and its products from the brand e-tail site as well as on other forums and bogs)
5 Best CBD oils of 2020 : TCR’s List of Selected Brands
A small and comparatively new company that has created a niche with its effective, safe, fairly priced, and excellent variety of organic, all-natural CBD products. Most of its products are vegan and gluten-free, besides being third-party lab tested (results of which are available on the brand website). FabCBD also uses the best technology in its extraction (CO2 extraction method) and manufacturing processes. It does not use any artificial additives or preservatives in its CBD products. Everything you get is all-natural ingredients, derived from botanical extracts.
The brand offers an adequate amount of information about CBD, the industry, and its products on its website. The brand also maintains high standards of customer support and provides a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its products. The brand website is easy to navigate and designed to be user-friendly. The brand also maintains an extremely high standard of customer service, with its cordial and warm support team, quick response time to queries, and speedy order deliveries.
300mg, 600mg, 1200mg & 2400mg (all in 30ml bottles)
Citrus, Mint, Natural, Berry & Vanilla
$39 – $129 ($0.05/mg – $0.13/mg)
Free shipping in the US on orders totaling $89 and above; Standard USPS shipping fees apply for orders worth less than $89.
return & refund policy:
30-day full-refund policy
One of America’s pioneering CBD brands, NuLeaf Naturals sells only CBD oil tinctures (both for humans and pets). Using superior genetics and processing technologies in hemp farming and CBD manufacturing, this brand ensures the best-quality, organically grown hemp extracts in its products. While it may seem like the brand offers different potency variants, what it really does is use the potency extract in all its oils, packaged in different-sized bottles. NuLeaf’s CBD oils contain no additives or preservatives, only 100% pure, clean, solvent-free, pesticide-free, GMO-free, organic, full-spectrum hemp extracts. Extracted with the help of the CO2 Fluid Process, these extracts contain no added flavors.
50mg/ml (240mg – 4850mg in bottles ranging in size from 5ml to 100ml)
Natural (earthy, hempy flavor); no options in flavors
$38.50 – $439 ($0.09/mg – $0.16/mg)
Free & fast shipping through USPS Priority Mail across the US
return & refund policy:
30-day money-back policy only on unused products; only applicable if you change your mind about the product you wanted or encountered delivery issues. Also applicable in cases where the company has made an error (in which case the shipping charges are also borne by the company).
One of the most popular and well-liked CBD brands, known for its “no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee” and impeccable quality control, cbdMD is one of the few brands that proved that high-quality CBD can be affordable too! The brand offers free shipping (with paid faster options too) across the US. Sourced from some of the best organic farms in Kentucky, cbdMD’s hemp extracts are pure, clean, safe, and 100% organic. Being one of the newest brands to enter the industry, cbdMD uses all-natural ingredients. Its CBD oils come in a wide range of CBD concentrations (6 variants) and flavors (4 options). These tinctures are 100% vegan and gluten-free, besides being pesticide-free, solvent-free, and THC-free too!
300mg, 750mg, 1500mg, 3000mg, 5000mg, 7500mg (all in 30ml bottles)
Natural (hempy/earthy), Mint, Orange, Berry (all derived from botanical extracts)
$29.99 – $339.99 ($0.05/mg – $0.10/mg)
Free shipping across the US
return & refund policy:
30-day full money-back guarantee
Joy Organics is one of the best all-American, family-owned brands, offering some of the highest-quality CBD products, made using the best technologies available to man today. Having herself suffered from chronic ailments and benefiting from CBD oils, co-founder Joy Smith made sure that her company maintained high standards of transparency, even while making CBD affordable for everyone. This brand has focused more on how best to reach out to the masses with CBD’s natural healing properties. Packed with the natural goodness of full-spectrum hemp extracts without any of the harmful effects of THC (its products are completely THC-free), Joy Organics tinctures are premium-grade, all-natural, organic, vegan, gluten-free, and devoid of any preservatives, additives, or artificial chemicals. The brand’s purification methods make sure that all of the 112 phytocannabinoids (except THC) found in industrial hemp, along with terpenes and flavonoids, are all present in the end-products.
225mg – 1350mg (all in 30ml bottles)
Natural, Tranquil Mint, Summer Lemon, Orange Bliss
PIXIS Labs, Botanacor Services, Green Scientific Labs, PhytaTech Metrics & Solutions, and Cloud Labs (depending on which batch of tincture you are buying; the brand makes sure no single brand tests these CBD oil tinctures to make sure there is no duplication in results)
$29.95 – $99.95 ($0.07/mg – $0.13/mg)
Free shipping across the US
return & refund policy:
30-day full-refund policy
Established by a group of Colorado locals, CBDistillery is one of the few brands that provide high-quality CBD products at very competitive prices. This brand was founded on the principle of making “hemp-derived CBD products” easily accessible to the masses.
Its products are potent, clean, and pure. Extracted with the help of the Fluid CO2 Process, its CBD oils are safe and effective. Its CBD oils contain all the wholesome goodness of natural hemp extracts, including terpenes, minerals, vitamins, proteins, and other phytonutrients.
All of CBDistillery’s products are third-party lab-tested. The brand provides free shipping for all domestic orders worth over $75.
The brand sells both full-spectrum and THC-free CBD isolate tinctures to provide customers with the benefit of choice. Tinctures made from full-spectrum hemp extract offer the well-known “entourage effect”, while the CBD-isolate oils make sure you don’t test positive on a drug test. While these two variants have some advantages and disadvantages, they are both equally potent, effective, and safe, not to mention fairly priced.
250mg, 500mg, 1000mg, 2500mg, and 5000mg (both full-spectrum and CBD isolates – all contained in 30ml bottles)
Flavorless, rather natural flavor, i.e. hempy
$19 (250mg THC-free) – $240 (5000mg full-spectrum) ($0.05/mg – $0.08/mg)
Free shipping in the US on orders worth $75 and above; for orders worth less than $75, Standard USPS shipping fees apply.
return & refund policy:
7-day money-back guarantee but only on return of sealed products (applicable only in cases of delivery issues, damage during shipping, or other errors on part of the manufacturing or logistics company)
With diabetic patients, one needs to be extra careful while using CBD oils. CBD oils for general wellness or milder issues, like sleep issues or attention deficit, does not pose too many risks to overall human health. However, diabetes is a delicate health condition that must be treated carefully to avoid any adverse effects due to overuse or the presence of other ingredients to which the individual user may be allergic.
So how best to choose CBD oils that are best suited for diabetic patients?
- Make sure you buy from reputed brands: Never buy over-the-counter brands of CBD oils that you’ve never read about on the internet. [Check out our list of Best CBD oils]
- Look up the brand and the product details of the CBD oil you may be considering to buy: It’s safest to buy online as you can verify the claims made by the brand and check out details about the brand and its products from the brand e-tail site as well as on other forums and bogs)
- Always check the results of third-party lab tests on brand websites.
- If there is no dedicated page for those on the website, stay away from that CBD oil brand!
- If the lab results are unclear or do not break down all the cannabinoids (including THC) and check for contaminants (like pesticides, solvents, heavy metals, etc.), then stay away from that brand as well!
- Some brands don’t have the latest results. Call up the customer support and fetch it. If they don’t oblige, stay away!
- Many brands expect you to buy a product before you can fetch the CoA. These are a bit dicey. Ask for them, if they don’t oblige, stay away! If the brand seems genuine with good reviews all around, then you may consider buying it.
- Make sure to check the ingredients of the CBD oils: You may be allergic to some of them. Make sure the carrier oil is a fat-based oil, like hemp seed oil, olive oil, or coconut (fractionated) oil and not some alcohol-based solvent. Make sure all the ingredients are NATURAL, including flavorings, colorings, and other effect-enhancers. Artificial additives and extracts (even if they are only colorings or flavorings) may adversely affect your health.
- Trust brands that use all-organic ingredients as they won’t contain any pesticides or GMOs in the end-product.
- Avoid cheap products: Legal hemp farming, CBD extraction, and CBD product manufacturing as per federal regulations are not cheap. Anyone who claims to offer you CBD oil at a cheap rate is only trying to dupe you with artificial products or something that does not contain any CBD at all!
- Avoid products that claim to contain CBD in grams: They are probably selling you hemp seed oil and not CBD oil. (Hemp seed hardly contains any CBD, although they may contain some traces of other cannabinoids).
- Lastly, trust only those brands that exhibit confidence in their products by offering a 100% money-back guarantee.
Generally speaking, CBD oils can be used in several ways for diabetes. But, as we mentioned earlier, one must be extra-careful while administering a diabetic patient with CBD oil.
Most brands usually print the instructions of use on their product labels. However, depending on why you’re using (as diabetes as a condition includes different kinds of symptoms of varying severity), here are a few ways you can use them.
- Apply a few drops under the tongue as per your daily dose
- Some CBD oils can be mixed into different food items while cooking or baking them
- Similarly, these CBD oils can also be added to drinks (cold or cool smoothies or the like)
- These oils can be added to your daily pain or inflammation cream and gently massaged into the skin
It is never easy to find the right dosage for CBD, no matter what condition or disease you’re trying to address.
Unfortunately, even for diabetes, there are way too many variables to give an exact dosage for CBD, even for specific conditions like Diabetes. No condition or disease has the same impact on different patients.
No two patients share the same symptoms. Moreover, CBD reacts differently with different individuals and even does not have the same effects on the same person at different times.
While using CBD to help manage diabetes, there are several factors you must remember while deciding on the dosage. They are:
- Bodyweight (heavier users need more CBD than skinnier ones to have the same effect)
- Age (adults need more CBD than children and the aged)
- Gender (women need less CBD than men)
- The Severity of the Condition & the current condition of the body (stage and type of diabetes the patient is suffering from)
- The Intended Effect (how far are we expecting the condition to improve)
- The Convenience of Usage and its Bioavailability (using CBD oils sublingually increases the bioavailability of CBD over when administered through edibles, but some people may not prefer keeping the oil in their mouth due to the taste)
- Extract Type & Potency of CBD oil (although potency is measured in mg of CBD, its potency is increased depending on the type of extract used. Other cannabis components make CBD more effective than when CBD is used in isolation)
- The type of strain of hemp and CBD blend in the formulation (these factors vary depending on the brand manufacturing it, making one brand’s CBD oil more potent for an individual than another brand)
- The receptibility of the user’s endocannabinoid system
Can CBD Help in Managing Diabetes? If so, How Does it Help?
Yes! You may never have thought about it, but CBD can actually help manage diabetes in several ways, prevent it, and even stop its progression to a certain extent.
How does Diabetes Develop & What Goes On Inside a Human Body with Diabetes?
Diabetes is an inflammatory condition that develops when the body is unable to regulate blood glucose levels.
Normally, the pancreas of a healthy individual produces the right amount of the hormone, known as insulin. The role of insulin in our body is to transport and distribute the glucose molecules (absorbed by our bloodstream from the food we consume) to all over our body – across all cell membranes and into the cells to be transformed into energy molecules. These are useful calories that give our bodies energy to perform all bodily functions, including voluntary muscle movement and involuntary muscle and organ functions.
In the case of diabetic individuals, however, the body is either incapable of producing sufficient insulin (Type 1) or it is unable to use the hormone adequately to maintain a healthy level of glucose in the bloodstream (Type 2). Such imbalances in the blood glucose levels can cause many critical, life-threatening conditions, including heart failures.
How Can CBD Help in Treating Diabetics?
Hormones (like insulin) are chemical messengers that control different bodily processes, including growth and development, metabolism, and appetite (insulin), sexual function, reproduction, and mood, among others.
When we consume/use CBD, it interacts with our body’s natural endocannabinoid system, or ECS (a complex system that controls physiological processes, including appetite, metabolism, etc).
There is quite a bit of evidence to prove that the endocannabinoid system controls endocrine processes by activating the ECS receptors in the brain (and elsewhere in the body) to directly activate the thyroid, pancreas, and the pineal and pituitary glands.
Based on this understanding, here are some of the ways CBD can help diabetic individuals…
- CBD reduces inflammation and acts as a neuroprotector and inhibiting oxidative and nitrative stress in the body, thus preventing cell death in the retinas of diabetics
- Apart from preventing inflammation, it also improves memory function of middle-aged diabetics.
- It improves the body’s capacity to control blood glucose levels
- (In combination with another cannabinoid THCV or tetrahydrocannabivarin) it helps lower blood sugar levels & increases insulin production (in people with Type 2 diabetes)
- It even lowers the incidence of diabetes and lowers levels of certain inflammatory cells found in blood plasma
- CBD has also been seen to inhibit destructive insulitis (a disease of the pancreas)
- What’s more, CBD can also lower chances of development of cardiovascular disorders among diabetics
The above studies have clearly shown how CBD can aid in treating diabetes, but cannot, however, be the first line of treatment for diabetes.
Nonetheless, it can still can “…help with are the secondary issues caused by uncontrolled blood sugars such as inflammation, which is the cause of damage to the smaller blood vessels leading to diabetic neuropathies and eye damage,” as pointed out by Dr. Elaine Burns, a naturopathic medical doctor and medical director of The Southwest Medical Marijuana Evaluation Center in Arizona.
She recommends CBD be used as an additional treatment, instead of as an alternative medication. The main course of treatment should remain the usual combination of dietary control, exercise, and pharmaceutical medication, including insulin shots.
Note: Since most clinical studies were conducted on diabetic animals, a lot more research needs to be done to verify the efficacy of CBD as a treatment method for diabetic humans.
Elixinol delivers most of its products in all states of America. Some of its products contain permissible levels of THC, making them eligible for sale across all states of the USA.
But the thumb rule for CBD rule remains:
Start Low & Go Slow. Titrate your Dosage until you find your CBD Sweet Spot!
Never Overuse. You won’t overdose, but you will definitely waste a lot of money! After all, CBD is Expensive.
Lastly and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Consult a Medical Practitioner experienced in Cannabis Medicine before using it for Diabetes.